I help conscientious business owners and directors like you improve their impact on the planet and its people.
Hi, I’m Steph Mullen
I’ve always had three big passions: the natural world and conservation; art and design; and telling stories.
Initially, I pursued two of these interests through a degree in Television and Film Design. A few years later, I started working for a leading specialist healthcare provider, where I was responsible for the entire marketing mix. I was able to draw on my talents in design and writing, as well as develop my knowledge of marketing strategy.
I never lost sight of my passion for protecting the planet, however, and have volunteered for a number of environmental campaign groups and charities over the years. My work in the third sector has included organising events, managing websites and running social media campaigns.
Since becoming a parent, I have found a renewed determination to make a positive difference in the world, to create a greener future for our children. I started blogging about simple, slow and sustainable living in 2017 and this developed into a coaching business, with online resources and a membership. Visit Striving for Simple to find out more.
I now combine all my passions to help businesses be more sustainable and to become leaders in their field through effective marketing (storytelling) and good design.
Walking the talk
I talk a lot about living and breathing your values - and I apply this to my own business too.
Steps I have taken to minimise my impact on the planet and its people include:
- My home office is powered by green energy - it is heated by gas but I limit use of the central heating as far as is reasonable, using a smart thermostat
- I am replacing lights in my home with LED bulbs as they need replacing
- This website is powered by 100% renewable energy
- As a non-driver, most of my travel is done on foot or using public transport
- I keep paper use to the bare minimum (most of my work is online) and I reuse as much paper as possible, e.g. using back of letters I receive as note paper
- Wherever possible, I choose service providers with good environmental and social policies
- I operate as a not-for-profit. As well as reinvesting profits into my business, in order to increase my impact for good, I also support charity and community projects that have a positive impact on the environment and people, both locally and globally. More info coming soon!
Work with me
Book your free discovery call to discuss how we can work together to future-proof your business and improve your brand perception.